first_imgNicknamed ‘El Bisonte’, Luis Suarez has a player profile that closely resembles Angel’s, being very fast, with great capacity of unmarking and remarkable success in the face of goal.Getafe would receive ten million for the transfer of Angel (33 years) to Barça. With that money he will go for Luis Suarez. The Colombian has a market value of 4.5 million, a price that will rise until the end of the season. Luis Javier Suárez Charris, known soccer as Luis Suárez (not to be confused with the Uruguayan striker of Barça), is Getafe’s goal for the next season as soon as the signing of Angel for Barcelona crystallizes.Luis Suarez, a 22-year-old Colombian nationalized in Spain, plays striker in Zaragoza yielded by the English Watford and is the third top scorer of Second with 14 goals, after Stuani (20) and Yuri (16).The club azulón would continue its continuous line of betting on the Second Pichichi and how good result has given him in recent years with the signings of Jorge Molina, Ángel and Jaime Mata, in addition to Enric Gallego, although this one only lasted four months in the equipment when being yielded in January to Osasuna.last_img read more

first_imgResidents of Northern B.C. are being invited to participate in a major cancer prevention study.The B.C. Cancer Agency’s B.C. Generations Project will be providing the opportunity for residents, age 35 to 69, to contribute to a study which could possibly benefit the future health of British Columbians.- Advertisement -The project is part of the largest health study of its kind in Canada and will explore how a variety of factors, including genetics, environment, lifestyle and behaviour contribute to our risk of developing cancer. The project will also explore other chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.John Spinelli, a distinguished scientist for B.C. Cancer Agency and the B.C. Generations Project chief investigator, says all information gathered by participants will be completely anonymous and everything obtained through the study will contribute to future cancer studies.The study is aiming to collect health information, along with blood and urine samples of 40,000 residents of the province.Spinelli says “The B.C. Generations Project provides every Northern resident with the opportunity to take an active role in helping researchers better understand the lifestyle and genetic factors linked to cancer and chronic disease. This study is significant for the future health of our community.”Advertisement Residents can participate through a mail-in survey, or people living close to the Prince George assessment clinic, can drop by in person from June 7 to July 9. The temporary clinic is located at 1777 third Ave, Suite 300.For more information on the study or how to get involved, please contact 604-675-8221, or call toll free 1-877-675-8221. Information can also be gained via email at bcgenerationsproject@bccrc.ca or by visiting their official website.last_img read more

first_img AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREBasketball roundup: Sierra Canyon, Birmingham set to face off in tournament quarterfinalsMany seniors who had completed all other requirements but failed the exit exam are planning on participating in their graduation ceremonies, officials said. Nine high schools in the district will have graduation ceremonies from May 30 through June 3. “They have ordered their caps and gowns,” said Vicki Engbrecht, director of curriculum. “We’ll just have to wait until the last minute to decide which certificate to put inside the diploma cover.” About 100 seniors have been waiting for test results, expected around May 26 from the last test, to learn if they will earn diplomas. If last week’s court ruling stands, they will sport a cap and gown and graduate with classmates regardless of their scores. But if the case is overturned or stayed, they will receive alternative certificates. About 90 percent of Hart district students pass the test on their first try. The exit exam ruling, made last week by Alameda County Superior Court Judge Robert Freedman, allows high school students to graduate if they’ve completed all other requirements. About 47,000 high school seniors have yet to pass the exam. Saying the lower court’s ruling sends the wrong message to students, State Superintendent of Public Instruction Jack O’Connell announced on Thursday his decision to appeal to the state high court. “The court has said to these kids that no matter what you may lack in English and math skills, if you have made it to your senior year, that’s enough,” O’Connell said. Students have six tries to pass the test in high school. The English portion, written at ninth- and 10th-grade levels, includes multiple choice questions and an essay. Math covers seventh-grade standards and some algebra. Passing scores are 55 percent in math and 60 percent in English. The state argues that the exam is necessary to measure that students have basic understandings of English and math upon graduation. Critics contend that it’s an unfair gauge against minority and low-income students who come from low-performing schools with few resources. That was the basis for the lawsuit filed in Alameda County. Before the court battles began, students who had failed one or both parts of the exam retook it in March along with sophomores taking it for the first time. sue.doyle@dailynews.com (661) 257-5254160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! SANTA CLARITA – Santa Clarita Valley high school seniors who failed to pass the state’s controversial high school exit exam will walk nonetheless with classmates in graduation ceremonies. But whether they get a high school diploma or some other kind of certificate when they walk up to the podium will depend on the California Supreme Court. The state high court is expected to be asked today to overturn a lower court’s decision allowing seniors to get a diploma without passing the test, which was to take effect for the first time with the Class of 2006. Anticipating the court challenge, William S. Hart Union High School District officials have already ordered enough diplomas for all graduates. last_img read more