first_imgWalk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April Patrickswell women get to the heart of the matter Advertisement WhatsApp www.licp.ie – New website for city centre community partnership No vaccines in Limerick yet Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Email Twittercenter_img Previous articleSIPTU calls for receiver to be appointed to Andersen Ireland onlineNext articleFinal tough budget to close out the game Liam Togherhttp://www.limerickpost.ieLiam joined the Limerick Post in December 2012, having previously worked in other local media organisations. He holds an MA in Journalism from the University of Limerick and is particularly interested in sports writing. Print THE Nicholas Street Medieval Tidy Towns committee celebrated a landmark success in the national Tidy Towns competition recently, coming top in the country in the Urban or Rural Village category.The committee was formed in April of this year after locals grew weary of asking for help with the neglected condition of the area and it is made up of residents and business representatives of the Nicholas Street, Church Street and Castle Street area.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The group’s chairperson Michael Tracey said: “We felt we had to act for ourselves to try and get this area of its knees. We put in a lot of effort and we have the street looking well.“However, this is just the first step in what will be a very long strategic plan for the area. I want to congratulate all our committee and we look forward to further progress next year.”Dr James Ring of the Limerick Civic Trust, which is a member of the group, added: “We have a five year plan to gradually increase the catchment area to take in the entire medieval city to include the English and Irish towns.“This year coming we plan to include the Abbey area of King’s Island before moving over the bridge to take in Broad Street and John’s Street in the coming years.” NewsLocal NewsNational award for Nicholas Street Medieval QuarterBy Liam Togher – September 18, 2013 974 Linkedin 490 volunteers attend Tidy Towns webinar hosted by Limerick City and County Council Love for Limerick as stars line up for St. Patrick’s Day’s video TAGSfeaturedLimerick Civic TrustMedieval QuarterNicholas StreetTidy Towns last_img read more

first_imgOur Sports ReporterGUWAHATI: Now it is official. Rajasthan Royals will play at least two of their IPL games in Guwahati when the competition returns in 2020.There is more good news for cricket lovers of the State. Local boy Riyan Parag is all set to stay at the Royals camp in the next season and Rajasthan- the based franchise will be setting up a branch of their cricket academy in the city which will be operational by January.Guwahati was on the radar of IPL franchises for the last couple of years. Earlier, Rajasthan Royals and Kolkata Knight Riders showed a lot of interest to use the ACA Stadium, Barsapara as their second home venue. However, it did not materialize. But the waiting of the local crowd to witness IPL matches in their home ground finally came to an end, courtesy Rajasthan Royals.Addressing the media here today, Manoj Badale, the co-owner of Rajasthan Royals, officially announced that they have selected Guwahati as their second home venue for the next season. “Yes, we have selected Guwahati as our second home venue and the city will host at least two of our matches during IPL 2020. We feel it will give a boost to cricket in the region,” said Badale.He also added: “Rajasthan Royals will start a cricket academy in Guwahati very soon to groom young talents of the State as well as in the region and it would start functioning in the next two months.”Last year, local boy Riyan Parag, who represented Rajasthan Royals, displayed good performance in the IPL. Badale confirmed that Riyan is all set to stay in the team next season. Replying to a query he said, “Riyan is a promising player and he would be retained in the team.”The media briefing was also attended by the executive chairman of Rajasthan Royals Ranjit Barthakur, COO Jake Lush McCrum, along with president and secretary of Assam Cricket Association Ramen Dutta and Devajit Saikia respectively and Avinash Joshi, Principal Secretary (Sports).Barthakur, who was the man behind bringing Rajasthan Royals to Guwahati, in a brief statement stated: “Assam is now the nucleus of cricket activities in the Northeast. I am optimistic that the entire Northeast will be benefited from the IPL matches and the academy which we are going to start very shortly in Guwahati.”Giving his reaction to the new development, secretary of the Assam Cricket Association Devajit Saikia said, “We are really happy that Rajasthan Royals will play a few of their IPL matches in Guwahati and also start a cricket academy in the city. We have talent in cricket and this kind of support will help us to groom those talents in the best possible way.”Also Read: IPL: Rishabh Pant, Amit Mishra shine as Delhi Capitals beat Rajasthan Royals by 5 wicketsAlso Watch: Pradhan Mantri Saubhagya Yojana’ brings no luck to these villagers in Kampurlast_img read more

first_imgCoyle worked at Minnesota from 1999-2005, most recently as associate AD of external relations. Maturi took over as the Gophers’ athletic director in 2002, and leaned on Coyle to help transition the athletic department from having a distinct men’s and women’s division, to one single department.The two grew close at Minnesota and remain friends, with Maturi offering Coyle guidance on taking future jobs at Kentucky, Boise State and eventually SU. Maturi said he wasn’t involved in Minnesota’s AD search and didn’t even expect Coyle to be a candidate so soon after arriving in Syracuse.“I’m sure (Mark) in some ways feels badly about leaving after a short period of time,” Maturi said. “But these opportunities do not come up very often. It’s a place he’s been, it’s a place he knows and it’s a place I think he loves.”SU cited “family reasons” as the cause for Coyle’s departure, and Maturi said his Midwest ties likely made a difference to Coyle in taking the Gophers job. His kids were largely born and raised in the Midwest and it may have been perceived as a negative in the SU community that Coyle wasn’t from the East Coast, Maturi said.Maturi and others close to Coyle have spoken glowingly about his ability to relate to people, and show a genuine concern to individuals’ problems. With that in mind, Maturi said an angered Syracuse fan base, feeling cheated or wondering why Coyle is leaving after less than a year on the job, is likely going to weigh heavily on his shoulders as his time at SU comes to an end.“I’m sure (the negative feelings) will hurt Mark, and one of the reasons I’m sure made it very, very difficult for him to make the decision that he made,” Maturi said. “But I think in the end … he felt, ‘You know what, this is a good long-term decision for me.’“And he didn’t do anything wrong. He didn’t do anything that’s inappropriate other than Syracuse put a lot of time and effort into hiring him and made a commitment to him, and he understands that. But that’s the nature of this crazy business.” Comments In just his first few months as Syracuse’s director of athletics, Mark Coyle phoned good friend and former Minnesota director of athletics, Joel Maturi, about another opportunity he was interested in.Norwood Teague resigned as the Gophers’ AD in August among sexual harassment allegations, and an opportunity opened up at the school Coyle had worked at for six years. An opportunity, Maturi said, that offered Coyle the chance to return home.“At that time (we talked) he was struggling because it was a good job for him at Minnesota,” Maturi said. “But I think he was struggling because he had just recently gone to Syracuse.“Obviously the search firm and others convinced him that this would be the right time and the right place, and he made that decision.”So on Wednesday, 311 days after Coyle began his job on July 6 as the Orange’s athletic director, he left. He’s expected to be announced as Minnesota’s athletic director on Wednesday afternoon. Syracuse landed on Coyle in June after a three-month search to replace former director of athletics Daryl Gross, who served in that capacity for 10 years.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textMORE COVERAGE: Syracuse Director of Athletics Mark Coyle is leaving for MinnesotaTop 3 moments from Mark Coyle’s time at SyracuseStorify: Syracuse community reacts to AD Mark Coyle’s departure Published on May 11, 2016 at 3:37 pm Contact Connor: [email protected] | @connorgrossmancenter_img Facebook Twitter Google+last_img read more

first_imgKolkata: The family members of a 69-year-old man, who died after allegedly falling on road on Sunday, protested at R G Kar Medical College and Hospital here and refused to take the body after post-mortem on Monday evening, claiming that his eyes were missing from the body.The hospital authorities formed a committee to look into the matter, even as the family claimed that the employees blamed rats present at the morgue for it. The body of Sambhunath Das was sent to R G Kar hospital for post-mortem by police, as it was an unnatural death. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari Puja The deceased’s son, Sushanta Das, said they had received the body wrapped up in plastic sheets and a piece of cloth on Monday evening after the post-mortem. “On removing the cover from his face, we found his eyes missing. The employees told us that the rats gouged his eyes out,” said Sushanta. So, the family members started protesting and refused to take the body. Later, they accepted the body after the R G Kar hospital authorities initiated a probe into the incident. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highway “We are taking the matter seriously. I have asked the committee, which has been formed specially for the case, to submit a report within 72 hours,” said Suddhadhan Batabyal, principal of RG Kar Medical College and Hospital.The family has also submitted a written complaint to the hospital authorities, mentioning that his eyes were missing and on being asked, the staff told them that the rats on the campus might have nibbled them. As per the hospital sources, the bodies are kept on iron trays in an iron cupboard inside the morgue. “There are big rodents inside the premises, specially in and around the morgue, and all efforts to get rid of them have become futile,” said a staff of the hospital. Recently, the Kolkata Municipal Corporation served a notice to R G Kar hospital over dirty premises during an anti-larvae drive. Liquid garbage was found scattered and the hospital authorities were asked to clean the premises within seven days. This is not the first such incident in a state-run hospital. In 2008, the body of a 27-year-old was nibbled by rodents at the morgue of N R S Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata. (With inputs from Indian Express)last_img read more

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:#magneticmedianews Recommended for you Electricity Cost of Service Study among the big agenda items at September 11 Cabinet meeting ALERT # 2 ON POTENTIAL TROPICAL CYCLONE NINE ISSUED BY THE BAHAMAS DEPARTMENT OF METEOROLOGY THURSDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, 2019 AT 9 PM EDT Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppNassau, Bahamas, February 20, 2017 – It was another weekend of a string of gun crimes as Police report that seven people were shot; six of them are in hospital, two of them are woman and one man is dead.  It is also reported that drugs and guns were seized on the weekend and Police are on the hunt for a blue Honda after a hit and run accident on Saturday night off Farrington Road, where a man died at hospital.Late last night, five men were in a small white car when they pulled up on a couple which was leaving an event on Knowles Drive which is off Tonique Williams Darling Highway, and started shooting; both the man and woman were hit, the man died at the scene the woman was taken to hospital.Sunday morning, an altercation turned shooting on Windsor Lane, also in Nassau and ACP Stephen Dean says there is an island wide manhunt launched for two suspects, one is named as 20-year old, Rolie ‘Babloo’ Henfield who is slim, dark and stands 5’5” to 5’6” tall.  Three people were shot, all three are in hospital now.  Six people are in custody after a shooting on Polhemus Street which sent another woman to hospital, where she is reported in stable condition by Police.ACP Stephen Dean said they have two women, two men and a juvenile as suspects in the Saturday night armed attack of the lady who was leaving a social event, when a Honda car pulled up, shots were fired and the vehicle sped off.It is not the same report when it comes to leads in another shooting earlier on Saturday night on Second Street in Coconut Grove.  A man who was walking was approached by another man with a handgun who shot him and then ran away; the victim is in hospital.  No one is in custody in this matter as yet.A raid turned up marijuana, a search of a man turned up a smaller quantity of the same drug.  The first search warrant executed on Dorchester street on Saturday night around 8pm saw a man arrested by the DEU and the second was on Lyon Road, around 10pm same night, where a man was acting suspiciously, according to the Police report.   DEU searched him and allegedly found marijuana, he was arrested.On Saturday night, the Selective Enforcement Team carried out an operation and got a .22 pistol and eight live rounds of ammunition and arrested five men in connection.   A second operation on Podoleo Street, near Cordeaux Avenue led to six being arrested; five men and a woman for the discovery of a .40 pistol and eight live rounds of ammunition.#MagneticMediaNews The Luxury of Grace Bay in Down Town Provolast_img read more

first_img Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#TurksandCaicos, November 20, 2017 – Providenciales – Each year Universal Children’s Day, also recognized as World Day of Prayer and Action for Children, is observed on the 20th of November.   The Ministry of Home Affairs, Transportation and Communication- Department of Social Development would like to welcome all residence of the Turks and Caicos Islands to join in the celebration of this special day.Universal Children’s Day commemorates the United Nations adoption of two landmark documents concerning the human rights of all children, the Declaration of the Rights of the Child and the Convention on the Rights of the Child.   This day is used to spread awareness about the rights of children, the effects of violence on children, and to celebrate our youth.Universal Children’s Day focuses on four main articles of the Convention on the Rights of the Child:Non-Discrimination: ALL CHILDREN have the same rights regardless of their gender, race, religion, language, culture, disability, nationality, ethnicity, or social background.Best Interest of the Child: When making decisions about any action regarding children individuals must act in the best interest of the child (which may not always a line with the immediate response or interest of adults).Right to Life, Survival & Development: Children have the right to life, to health, to education and to play and the right to be protected against violence.  The survival and development of children should always be ensured.Respect for the Views of Children: Children have the right to have their views heard and taken into account on matters that affect them, in accordance with their age and maturity.Religious groups and faith based organizations play a significant role in sharing this information.   Places of worship are change agents to improve children’s lives.A follow up theme of “Stop Violence Against Children” is incorporated in Universal Children’s Day.   The Convention on the Rights of the Child defines violence as:“All forms of physical or mental violence, injury and abuse, neglect or negligent treatment, maltreatment or exploitation, including sexual abuse.” Every day in the Caribbean at least one child becomes the victim of violence, in most cases being abused by someone whom they know and trust. There are no spiritual, ethical or moral justification for the abuse of children.   All must encourage the care, protection and nurturing of children.Exposure to violence during childhood can lead to a wide range of problems including cognitive, emotional, mental and physical issues as the child grows. Experiencing violence as a child affects the child’s ability to lead a happy, healthy, and productive life.It is required by law within the Turks and Caicos Islands for individuals to report suspected child abuse.   Reports should be made to the Royal Turks and Caicos Police Force and/or the Department of Social Development and can be made anonymously.The following activities are planned for this Universal Children’s Day:Morning Devotions at schools throughout the Islands.Information sharing on Radio TC on birth registration and child rearing practices.Partnership with churches to incorporate aspects of Universal Children’s Day into their sermons.Information booths at grocery stores on Positive Parenting Practices.So, this Universal Children’s Day celebrate your children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, or any child in your life.   Be thankful for them, cherish them, and appreciate all the joy they bring into this world.last_img read more

last_img

last_img

last_img