first_imgWalk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April Patrickswell women get to the heart of the matter Advertisement WhatsApp www.licp.ie – New website for city centre community partnership No vaccines in Limerick yet Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Email Twittercenter_img Previous articleSIPTU calls for receiver to be appointed to Andersen Ireland onlineNext articleFinal tough budget to close out the game Liam Togherhttp://www.limerickpost.ieLiam joined the Limerick Post in December 2012, having previously worked in other local media organisations. He holds an MA in Journalism from the University of Limerick and is particularly interested in sports writing. Print THE Nicholas Street Medieval Tidy Towns committee celebrated a landmark success in the national Tidy Towns competition recently, coming top in the country in the Urban or Rural Village category.The committee was formed in April of this year after locals grew weary of asking for help with the neglected condition of the area and it is made up of residents and business representatives of the Nicholas Street, Church Street and Castle Street area.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The group’s chairperson Michael Tracey said: “We felt we had to act for ourselves to try and get this area of its knees. We put in a lot of effort and we have the street looking well.“However, this is just the first step in what will be a very long strategic plan for the area. I want to congratulate all our committee and we look forward to further progress next year.”Dr James Ring of the Limerick Civic Trust, which is a member of the group, added: “We have a five year plan to gradually increase the catchment area to take in the entire medieval city to include the English and Irish towns.“This year coming we plan to include the Abbey area of King’s Island before moving over the bridge to take in Broad Street and John’s Street in the coming years.” NewsLocal NewsNational award for Nicholas Street Medieval QuarterBy Liam Togher – September 18, 2013 974 Linkedin 490 volunteers attend Tidy Towns webinar hosted by Limerick City and County Council Love for Limerick as stars line up for St. Patrick’s Day’s video TAGSfeaturedLimerick Civic TrustMedieval QuarterNicholas StreetTidy Towns last_img read more

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

first_imgRelatedPosts Bale completes Tottenham return from Real Madrid Tottenham sign £25m Sergio Reguilon Tottenham re-signs Bale on loan Former Real Madrid striker Edwin Congo has declared himself innocent after he was questioned on Tuesday regarding an alleged link to a cocaine trafficking ring in Spain.The Colombian striker was detained by police in the Spanish capital and interrogated for an hour, before being allowed to return home. “I’m very calm,” he told sports show El Chiringuito, for which he works as a pundit. “It’s not a comfortable situation, but I’m at home… relaxed. They asked me a series of questions and, at the end, I returned home.”Congo, who signed for Real Madrid in 1999 but never played an official match for the club, revealed he may be needed again to help the police with their investigation at a future date.“They told me to be ready for another call,” he said. “I’m free and I’m relaxed because I don’t traffic cocaine, I don’t have cocaine at home.“The police said to me that I have to stay away from certain people who are no good for me. That I have to be aware of things and do them in a different way.”Congo’s only goal for Real Madrid came in a benefit match to raise funds and awareness against drug use in 2002. Tags: Edwin CongoEl ChiringuitoReal Madridlast_img read more

first_imgJose Mourinho will restore John Terry to his defence at Walsall where Chelsea’s absentees will be as notable as the captain’s return to action. “I don’t see reasons to throw away any competition,” Mourinho told Chelsea’s club website. “A cup is a cup. A trophy is a trophy. If you lose, you lose but you don’t need to throw it away. So yes, we look to the competition in a proper way, and I also think it’s very important to respect opponents. “I don’t think opponents from the Championship, League One or League Two expect the big clubs to go and play against them without the best players.” Walsall have lost just one league match in eight. For Chelsea, goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois remains absent with a knee problem and Willian is also out with a muscle injury. Chelsea midf ielder Nemanja Matic is confident the Blues’ shaky start to the season is over, thanks to the win against Arsenal. “We looked better on the pitch. Maybe mentally we are stronger. We had more pressure than normal before the game because we only had four points,” Matic said. “We recognised the situation. It was time to win. We played like one on the pitch and we fought for every ball. This is just the beginning.” A three-match ban for Diego Costa handed down by the Football Association on Tuesday came shortly after it emerged club doctor Eva Carneiro had left the club. Costa belatedly paid the price for raising his hands to Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny in Saturday’s 2-0 win for the Blues. His suspension began immediately after video evidence proved the striker’s undoing. As well as the Walsall game, Costa also stands to miss Premier League games against Newcastle and Southampton. Carneiro is understood to have left Chelsea, following the incident on the opening day of the season when she was criticised by manager Mourinho after a draw with Swansea. Yet Terry remains, and the 34-year-old former England skipper will make his 650th start for Chelsea in the Capital One Cup third-round tussle with the Saddlers, who stand second in League One this season. Terry has been an unused substitute in Chelsea’s last two games, the wins over Maccabi Tel Aviv and Arsenal, but will have an opportunity to stake a claim for a full-time return to the heart of the defence. Striker Radamel Falcao is another who will start at the Banks’s Stadium. “Of course John’s experience will help,” Mourinho said. “He didn’t play the last match so he is completely fresh and completely motivated to play, the same as Falcao for example. “Chelsea is Chelsea, and wearing the Chelsea shirt always brings responsibility. Every player is more than happy to play.” The current holders, Chelsea begin their campaign against a side Mourinho insists he will take seriously. Press Associationlast_img read more