first_img  103 total views,  1 views today Homelessness charity Focus Ireland’s fundraising income grew by €1 million last year, according to the charity’s latest accounts.Fundraising income was €7.4 million, up from €6.4 million in 2014. Total income last year, including mostly government grants, was nearly €22 million, from €19.6 million the previous year.During the year Focus secured two new significant funding relationships. Bord Gáis Energy began a three-year Corporate Social Responsibility Partnership which will see the company raise awareness, promote volunteering and donate €1 million over three years to the charity’s advice and information services for families. The first phase of this relationship saw Bord Gáis contribute €107,570 to Focus’s fundraising income last year.During 2015, the Human Dignity Foundation awarded a five year grant to Focus Ireland to deliver a programme of work tackling youth homelessness in Ireland. The Human Dignity Foundation pledged €2.1 million over five years for the Building Youth Capacity for Independent Living project, with the first instalment of €229,170 already received.Focus Ireland says it generally adheres to a principle that the costs of generating fundraising income should not exceed 20% of the amount raised. However, for the duration of ‘strategic initiatives’ and while investment is being made to grow fundraising, they will deviate from the principle as appropriate. Fundraising costs were €1.8 million in 2015, 24% of funds raised (2014: 30%). Howard Lake | 20 December 2016 | News AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis3  104 total views,  2 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis3 Irish homelessness charity’s income up by €1 million Tagged with: Finance Ireland Research / statistics Advertisement About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving.last_img read more

first_imgEuropean Companies Win Big in Taiwan Offshore Wind Auction FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Reuters:Taiwan is becoming the next battleground for the world’s top offshore wind developers as they seek a foothold in Asia for a technology that has been expanding fast in Europe.Taiwan announced results on Monday of its first major offshore wind farm auction that aims to add 3.8 gigawatts (GW) of capacity to its existing network of just 8 megawatts (MW).The island’s offshore wind market is expected to expand to 5.5 GW by 2025, and the government aims to invest $23 billion on onshore and offshore wind projects by 2025, law firm Jones Day says.Taiwan is making a big push to attract investments in renewable technology as it phases out nuclear power by 2025, after the 2011 Fukushima disaster in Japan highlighted the risks of using nuclear energy in a region prone to earthquakes.For developers in Europe, where expanding offshore wind projects particularly in the North Sea has driven down costs, Taiwan is seen as a route into Asian markets, such as Japan and South Korea, where the technology is still barely used.Denmark’s Orsted and Germany’s wpd were Monday’s biggest winners, securing contracts to install 900 MW and 1 GW of capacity, respectively.“We see Taiwan as a stepping stone into Asia-Pacific,” said Matthias Bausenwein, the regional general manager for Orsted, the world’s largest owner of offshore wind power sites that was previously known as DONG Energy.More: Offshore Wind Power Firms See Taiwan As A Battleground To Expand In Asialast_img read more

first_img“The movement of oil prices is very hard to predict,” Arifin emphasized before a meeting with the House of Representatives’ Commission VII overseeing energy. The government expects domestic ready-to-use oil and gas production to reach between 1.76 million and 1.91 million barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd) in 2021, as part of macroeconomic assumptions in next year’s draft state budget.The expectation is higher than this year’s expected 1.70 million boepd but lower than last year’s 1.80 million boepd due to corresponding changes in crude oil prices, Energy and Mineral Resources (ESDM) Minister Arifin Tasrif said on Monday.The government expects the local benchmark Indonesian Crude Prices (ICP) to hit between US$40 and $50 per barrel next year, rebounding from this year’s $33 price tag but still lower than last year’s $62, which was before COVID-19 ravaged the global energy industry. The House is currently working on the 2021 annual state budget (APBN), which relies on ministry forecasts to estimate state revenue.Energy ministry data also shows that the decline in ready-to-use production was entirely driven by lower expectations over oil lifting. The government expects increased gas lifting next year, even when compared to 2019.Indonesia plans to become a major global gas exporter by 2030 as domestic oil production has been unable to reach export levels. Gas exports are expected to help plug the country’s gaping trade deficit.Global oil and gas prices collapsed in the second quarter of 2020 after many countries, including Indonesia, implemented lockdowns that curbed economic activity in containing COVID-19.Compared to the energy ministry’s estimates, international credit rating agency Fitch Ratings expects global crude oil prices to average $45 per barrel in 2021, while the United States’ Energy Information Administration (EIA) expects an average of $47.88 per barrel that same year.Topics :last_img read more

first_imgA significant minority of Irish pension schemes have failed to submit funding proposals, despite trustees now being nearly two years late.The Pensions Authority said in a statement that 30 defined benefit (DB) schemes had yet to submit any funding proposals as of the end of February.It said it was now deciding whether trustees would be ordered to reduce benefits to tackle deficits, or if the schemes would simply be forced to wind up.Releasing an analysis of actuarial data, the Authority said 551 DB schemes remained open to future accrual, while 152 were closed but continuing to make payments. Of the more than 700 schemes, 416 complied with the current funding standard, reporting an aggregate surplus of €3.9bn.Nearly 290 schemes remained in deficit, with their €22.1bn in assets falling nearly €5bn short of meeting liabilities.The Authority said that, of the 287 schemes in deficit, 30 had yet to submit any funding proposal.While the figure is a significant reduction over the more than 70% of schemes that missed the initial 30 June 2013 deadline – a figure that had fallen to around 40% by August that year and further to 56 by April 2014 – it still meant more than 10% of funds in deficit were 20 months late in meeting regulatory requirements.The figures also underlined the significant fall in the number of total schemes, down from 933 in 2012 and 890 in 2013.Brendan Kennedy, the head of the regulator, nevertheless praised the marked improvement in funding across the DB universe.“The position shown whereby 59% of DB schemes meet the funding standard is a considerable improvement over recent years, though it must be remembered that this improvement is the combined result of multiple factors, including the closure of some schemes, and benefit reductions and contribution increases in most of the remaining schemes,” he said. In the most exhaustive and authoritative breakdown of Irish DB assets released to date, the regulator also disclosed that nearly 60% of the sector’s €51.9bn in assets was invested in real assets.Overall, the funds had 41.7% in equities, 31.3% in EU sovereign debt and a further 6.9% in other bonds.The “other” asset category – comprising hedge funds, commodities, derivatives and annuities, among other things – accounted for 12.6% of assets, with a further 4.2% in property and 3.1% in cash.Kennedy was pleased the DB industry’s overall exposure to equities had declined but expressed concern that trustees were relying on equities to meet liabilities.“This strategy entails considerable risk, which will fall especially on the younger members of the schemes,” he said.“High risk is not an appropriate approach to take where the benefits cannot otherwise be afforded.”The regulator has previously said schemes seemed to begrudge de-risking, adding later that their unwillingness to de-risk remained a “significant concern”.Read Brendan Kennedy’s views on the future of the Irish pensions market,WebsitesWe are not responsible for the content of external sitesLink to Pensions Authority datalast_img read more